Massage is beneficial to more than muscles
Muscles might be the richest benefactors of a massage, but, most people report a feeling of pure relaxation, reduced anxiety, enhanced attentiveness, and improved mood following a massage. Athletes may find an edge in these psychological benefits, making massage benefits two fold – mental and physical!
Massage therapy can:
- Reduces heart rate.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces recovery time after an injury.
- Rehabs an injury.
- Lowers anxiety.
- Improves mood.
- Increases blood flow throughout the body, bringing vital oxygen and nutrients all over.
- Relieves muscle pain and tension.
- Improves connective tissue healing, which promotes muscle elasticity.
- Stabilizes cortisol levels.
- Improves muscle flexibility, which can reduce and prevent injury.
- Improve sleep quality